Segway Ninebot Max G30 Scooter (Customized)
- Range - gets you where you want to go and you do not have to charge it daily
- Low maintenace
- Holds grocery bags like a champ - no balance issues or loosening handlebars
- Tires hold air much better - very little maintenance
- Do not have to deal with screws or worry about stepping on tail fender
- Bell functions perfect for alarming people
- You feel better riding faster as the ride experience is more sturdy
- No shocks - I never had a bike with shocks, but this seems to bother some scooter riders
- You are higher off the ground and more noticeable
- Heavy to carry
- Does not work in bicycle troughs by steps
- Feel uncomfortable locking it up outside because it is expensive
- Speed settings are currently hackable only for sport mode
- Bottom of scooter (battery cover) has a grate texture and it feels very uncomfortable carrying
from underneath with its plastic ridges. Adding duct tape helps protect your fingers.
Your best bet is buying a flat battery surface cover from China.
- Taillight cable is exposed to the elements of nature - need to glue it up or tape it to protect it from eventually failing
- If you carry your scooter, a smooth replacement battery cover is a must!!!
- Replace handlebars with Meet Locks ** China / Amazon
- Cover up the yellow Ninebot label on the deck you reflective gray stickers Amazon
- Put a 3M red reflective sticker near the taillight Amazon
- Add 3M stickers under the deck and onto the folding arm Curious Joe / China
- Cover up the yellow Ninebot logo above the dashboard with a piece of black duct tape
- Replace the T10 screws holding your battery cover with Phillips Pan M3x8 (metric 3mm wide by 8mm long)
** I have hit big potholes unexpectedly and almost lost my grip on the handlebars.
These Meet Lock handlebars look cool and solve that problem completely.
My Ninebot Max G30 is my flagship scooter, but not my first choice for everyday
use in my city. I use this mostly when I want to get somewhere fast and
I am not planning to leave it locked outside for long.
I consider this G30 scooter like a Hummer vehicle. It is higher off the ground,
more reliable, and stronger than my m365. Its height, yellow features, and size make
it more flashy. However, it is energy efficient unlike a Hummer.
This is my preferred scooter for quick shopping because it is tough. I can place
grocery bags on its handles when I have overload. That being said, I hate
leaving it outside. I have the New York City Kryptonite lock for this scooter.
I have never tested if it truly gets a 40 mile / 64 km range, but I believe
it does in ideal conditions.